Welcome to October in the Smoky Mountains! A beautiful time of changing colors, scarecrows and pumpkins, family festivals, and fun for all ages! Here are a few of our favorite events happening in the Smoky Mountain area this month.
- October 1,2,4,5,6, Sevierville. “Love Loud” Corn Maze & Hayride. If you are visiting early this month, this is a FREE event hosted by FBC, Sevierville. Visit the website for hours and enjoy quality family fun to kick off the month!
- October 4-6, Sevierville. Robert A. Tino’s Smoky Mountain Homecoming. One of our favorite local artists puts on a fabulous fall event at his gallery. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities here, and adults will love perusing the vendors, hearing the bluegrass, and remembering a simpler time.
- October 10-27, Gatlinburg. Gatlinburg Craftsmen’s Fair. Showcasing over 180 craftspeople from around the US, you’re sure to find a unique souvenir from your trip to the mountains!
- October 18-20, Wears Valley. Wears Valley Fall Fest. I can only remember how good the kettle corn is! With an abundance of festival foods, local color, art booths, and family activities, this is another one you’re sure to love! Arrive early to avoid the heaviest traffic.
- Now thru October 31. Sevierville. Kyker Farms Corn Maze. Whether you’re looking for an innocent night of fun or a terrifying maze of zombies, you’ll have a good time on this family farm!
- Now thru November 2, Pigeon Forge. Dollywood’s Harvest Festival & Great Pumpkin LumiNights. Enjoy Southern Gospel music concerts and pumpkin displays during the day, then be delighted with thousands of illuminated pumpkins after sundown. This event stays packed! Plan several hours and bring your patience as your family enjoys all the spooky fun of Dollywood’s LumiNights!
- Now thru November 2, Gatlinburg. Anakeesta’s Hallow Mountain. Visit during the daytime for autumn fun for all ages, but beware- on select nights, Anakeesta is ready to add some fright to your night!
- October 31, Pigeon Forge. Halloween at The Island. Enjoy a safe night of trick-or-treating at this Free event at The Island. Bonus for those in costume: Purchase a 48-hour unlimited ride pass for only $5!
Happy Fall, Y’all!