It’s officially time for Christmas shopping to begin! (or continue, as the case may be…)
There are so many places to shop when you’re visiting the Smoky Mountains. And have I mentioned that Hidden Mountain East is less than 5 minutes to Tanger Outlets at Five Oaks? (Psst: Have you visited the new Tory Burch outlet?)
But Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg also have some great locally-owned shops, and these are a few of our favorites:
- Stages West – Yes, the store is incredibly geared toward cowgirls and cowboys, but there is really something for everyone! From Chacos to Brighton and everywhere in between, it’s one of our favorite family-owned businesses in the area.
- Alewine Pottery– For those who really want to share a bit of the Smokies, this family-owned business makes beautiful and artistic pottery in a range of colors. With everything from spoon rests and mugs to candle holders and vases, and much more, these pottery gifts are sure to delight. And if you haven’t been to the shop in The Glades Arts & Crafts Community, it’s worth the drive just to enjoy the mountain scenery!
- Sweet Peas and Ivy– A charming garden and gift shop in downtown Sevierville. We particularly love the fairy garden selections!
- The Chest and Chair– For home decor, painted furniture, and a large gift selection, this one is a little further out in Sevierville, but the unique gifts make it worth the drive.
- All Sauced Up– This family-owned kitchen and sauce shop has locations in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. It’s a fun atmosphere with kitschy kitchen finds for everyone!
- The Apple Barn & Cider Mill – For friends and family who like fresh-baked goods, cozy apple candles, and gift baskets galore, this is a great stop! In addition to the Barn, there’s a candy shop, creamery/bakery, Christmas shop, and more!
- Robert A. Tino Gallery– This local artist paints such real mountain views that you may feel like you’ve stepped into a memory. Visit his gallery on Hwy 66 to find your favorite Smoky Mountain view!
- The Hidden Mountain gift shop, of course! Find mugs, tees, and more in our Hidden Mountain East office or give the gift of a Smoky Mountain getaway with a Hidden Mountain Gift Certificate, available at the front desk!
These are only a handful of family-owned favorites, but there are so many more shops and gifts to find!
You can view a larger list of shopping links here on our Smoky Mountain Attractions page.
Happy Shopping, friends!