I wanted to take a moment to tell you about our new site. We hope you find it easy-to-navigate and easy to find information about our home and Reserve Your Stay!
To explain a few of the changes, I’m going to walk through the Home Page and then the Menu Bar.
(Please note that you can access the Home Page by clicking on our the Hidden Mountain logo from any page.)
HOME PAGE– from the top down.
1) At the very top, you’ll see a Banner message with Latest News and Announcements from the Resort!
2) Next, you’ll find our Contact Information, a “View Favorites” button, and a Search bar.
When you are viewing cabin listings, if you click the Green Heart, that unit will be added to your Favorites. You can click the Green Heart again to remove it from your Favorites. Once you have added units, you can click “View Favorites” from the Home Page to immediately access your favorite units! In the Search Bar, you can enter a Cabin Name or Number to go directly to that home or you can search for anything you want to find on the site, such as “Attractions.”
3) Next, you’ll see our Main Menu.
Under “Rentals,” you can browse our homes based on bedroom number. You can also link to our Sites at The Dell or you can link to an Advanced Search options, where you can Search for homes based on Bedroom number, Occupancy, Location, or Featured Amenities.
Under “Sales,” you can find information on Homes and Lots that are available through our Real Estate department. We only sell Hidden Mountain property. You will notice that Cabin Listings accessed from the Sales page offer a bit different information. In addition to rental information, you will find asking price, year built, square footage, and real estate specific information.
Under “Weddings & Events,” you will (temporarily) be redirected to www.hiddenmountainweddings.com. Here, you can find information on our Event Venues, Booking policies, and contact information for Kay Green, our Group Sales Coordinator. But stay tuned, we will be updating this link soon!
Under “Find Us,” you will find Directions and a graphic map of our location, East & West office information, Driving Directions, and East & West resort maps.
There is also an option to “Contact Us.” Here, you can email us based on what you are emailing us about- Reservation Information, Real Estate questions, General Resort Information (Front Desk), or Group Sales information.
Under “Discover,” you can find information on everything from our family, blog, resort, and rental policies to Local Resources, Wedding & Event Vendors, and Area Attractions!
4) Back on the Home Page, you may first notice the Check Availability bar. If you know your dates, go ahead and check availability here! The “Check Availability” button takes you into our booking system. You can book your reservation online 24/7! To return to the main website, you can either hit the back arrow or click to view “Details” for any unit, and it will link you back to the Unit’s Description page on our site.
5) Below the aerial resort imagery, you can find graphic blocks with direct links to “Wedding & Events”, “The Dell”, “Hidden Mountain Realty”, and “Resort Amenities.”
6) Continue scrolling the Home Page, and you will see a Welcome message and a video overview of Hidden Mountain Resort. We will also post seasonal messages here!
7) View a selection of Featured Units. These will change frequently, and they may be based on homes that have recently been updated or remodeled or homes that still have Availability!
8) Below the selection of Featured Units, you can view every home we have available for rent- in no particular order- by choosing “View All Listings.”
9) In the footer, you will again see our Local Contact Information, a Site Map, our Mission Statement, and an area to sign up for our e-newsletters. We generally send 2-3 emails per month that feature events, attractions, resort news, seasonal specials, email-only Flash Sales, new real estate listings, and featured cabins.
So that’s the Home Page! Let’s look at few other pages:
Cabin Listing pages:
When you see a page of multiple listings, you’ll find the Advanced Search bar above the listings to help further narrow your search. Now, you can easily see the Name, Number, Location, # Bedrooms, # Bathrooms, Occupancy, and link to the Cabin Detail page under each listing. (Location can be 1 of 5 options: East Cabin, West Cabin, Old Homeplace Cottage, East Villa, or The Dell.) These pages are also good for clicking a few Green Hearts (Add to Favorites) to easily compare favorite homes later.
Cabin Detail Pages:
I love how clean these new pages are, and I hope you do too! In addition to the cabin information carried forward from the Listing Page, you can easily see if the unit is Pet Friendly or Not Pet Friendly and what type of grill and fireplace(s) it offers.
Checking Availability is easy, as well, with the large green button! Below the Check Availability button, you will see 2 tabs: Amenities and Description.
Under the “AMENITIES” tab, you will find 2 columns. On the left is a list of “Searchable Amenities.” These are amenities that you can find in the list on the Advanced Search feature at the top of the Listings pages. Click any of these amenities to visit other homes that offer these amenities, as well. On the right side of the Amenities tab, you will see a static list of amenities that every home offers.
Click on the “DESCRIPTION” tab to see additional information specific to that cabin.
To the right of the text information, you’ll see a Photo Gallery, Video Tour, and 3D Tour of each home. There is an arrow to the right of the large photo if you would like to move quickly through the photos. Above the Photo Gallery, you will now find easy links to share cabin details via Facebook, Pinterest, or Houzz or to add this cabin to your “Favorites.”
Continue scrolling down the page to see a “ROOM DETAIL” graph. Here, you will see each bedroom numbered, the level of the house the room is located on, the type of bedding in each room, the en-suite bathroom information, and any additional amenities the bedroom provides. Please note: If a home has a bathroom, but it is not attached to a bedroom, it will not be listed here. The bathrooms not listed here are accessed from a common area in the home.
Below the Room Detail, you will see a “RESORT OVERVIEW” box. This box holds the same information on every unit. We hope it helps you decide which location is right for your family. You can view interactive resort maps that show you exactly where the cabin is located within the resort, as well as a links to our Resort Amenities gallery and Area Attractions page.
I think this will be a good start to exploring the site! Please let us know your thoughts or if you find anything not working!
We hope you find it helpful, and We hope to see you soon!