For All You Do, A FREE Night For You!
*Stay 2 Nights, Get 3rd Night Free!*
From January – May, we honor our guests who serve. During the month of your profession, call us to book your 3-night stay in a 1, 2, or 3-bedroom, and you will receive the 3rd night free!
When you check-in, show us your service badge, check stub, or proof of profession.
We look forward to serving you.
*Restrictions apply. Some cabins excluded. 3-night minimum. Additional nights can be added at 30% off. Cannot be combined with other offers. Reservation must be made during month of your offer. Excludes: January 18-19; Feb 14-16; April 17-24; May 23-26. Proof of profession required at check-in.
We hope you are planning a Winterfest trip to the Smoky Mountains. With dazzling light displays throughout the towns, Christmas ribbons around the lamp posts, and some rendition of “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” playing in every store, it almost feels like we’re living in a snow globe this month- we’ve even enjoyed a few flurries already! But with so much to see and do, it can be hard to narrow down the best shows and activities to fit in your schedule- not to mention something that all ages will enjoy together! We’ve narrowed down 10 of our favorite Christmas activities that have proven to fill every heart with cheer- even hearts that are two sizes too small! 😀
If you are planning a visit to Hidden Mountain this month, here are a few of our favorite things:
- Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas– Until January 5, enjoy a wonderland of Christmas decorations, shows, and cheer at Dolly Parton’s theme park. Don’t miss “Glacier Ridge,” a new expansion of Christmas fun for the family! Dollywood is open every day in December, except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The park opens at 11 AM or 2 PM, depending on the day, and closes at 9 PM. To find business hours for the day of your visit, click here.
- Christmas at The Island– With shopping, dining, dancing fountains, and rides, The Island is a wonderful place to soak up some Christmas cheer. From fried chicken and butter cake at Paula Deen’s to the oldest family-owned five and dime in the country, Emery’s 5 & 10, there’s a good time around every corner at The Island. Find business hours here.
- The Smoky Mountain Opry– If this joyful show doesn’t delight your Christmas spirit, you may find yourself in danger of being labeled a Grinch. This Christmas variety show is headlined by Chris Blue, season 12 winner of The Voice, and features most genres of Christmas hits plus an appearance by the jolly old elf himself- Santa! Find showtimes and tickets here.
- Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland– If getting out of the car on a cold night just isn’t your thing, then crank up the heat, swing through Krispy Kreme, and head out to Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland at the Smokies Stadium. Tune your radio to their station and drive through acres of enchanting Christmas lights. Cars or Passenger Vans with 8 passengers or less are $25. Be prepared to experience long car lines on the weekends or visit during the less crowded Monday-Thursday dates. For hours and additional activities available, visit here.
- Gatlinburg Trolley Ride of Lights– For guests who want the full Winterfest experience without having to navigate the mountain traffic, hop on this Trolley ride and enjoy a heated tour of Gatlinburg. You won’t miss a Christmas light and you may even meet some new friends! We recommend purchasing tickets in advance here.
- Fantasy of Lights Christmas Parade– December 7 only! Enjoy the 43rd annual Christmas tradition as it floats through downtown Gatlinburg with enough Christmas cheer to power Santa’s sleigh! Did you know Blake Shelton is opening a new business in Gatlinburg? Ole Red’s is sponsoring the Gatlinburg Christmas Parade this year! Will Blake be there? I’m not sure. Will you be there? Find out when to arrive and where to park here.
- Christmas at Dolly Parton’s Stampede– Save your calories because you’ll enjoy a hearty meal while watching this riveting Christmas show with live horseback-riding feats and family friendly entertainment! Featuring a live nativity with sheep, goats, donkeys, & camels, Dolly Parton’s Stampede reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas. Find show times and tickets here.
- Hatfield & McCoy’s Christmas Disaster– Because not every family likes spending time together. ha! But you can still have fun together while enjoying two other families feud it out this holiday season while you sit back and enjoy your dinner. Find showtimes and tickets here.
- The Comedy Barn Christmas– While this is #9 on this list, it was my first show of the season. If you love to laugh- especially with kiddos- this is a fantastic show! Find tickets here.
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Communion– If you’re in town for Christmas, we invite you to visit First Baptist Church in Sevierville on Christmas Eve as we honor and celebrate the gift of Christ Jesus.
Merry Christmas, friends!
It’s officially time for Christmas shopping to begin! (or continue, as the case may be…)
There are so many places to shop when you’re visiting the Smoky Mountains. And have I mentioned that Hidden Mountain East is less than 5 minutes to Tanger Outlets at Five Oaks? (Psst: Have you visited the new Tory Burch outlet?)
But Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg also have some great locally-owned shops, and these are a few of our favorites:
- Stages West – Yes, the store is incredibly geared toward cowgirls and cowboys, but there is really something for everyone! From Chacos to Brighton and everywhere in between, it’s one of our favorite family-owned businesses in the area.
- Alewine Pottery– For those who really want to share a bit of the Smokies, this family-owned business makes beautiful and artistic pottery in a range of colors. With everything from spoon rests and mugs to candle holders and vases, and much more, these pottery gifts are sure to delight. And if you haven’t been to the shop in The Glades Arts & Crafts Community, it’s worth the drive just to enjoy the mountain scenery!
- Sweet Peas and Ivy– A charming garden and gift shop in downtown Sevierville. We particularly love the fairy garden selections!
- The Chest and Chair– For home decor, painted furniture, and a large gift selection, this one is a little further out in Sevierville, but the unique gifts make it worth the drive.
- All Sauced Up– This family-owned kitchen and sauce shop has locations in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. It’s a fun atmosphere with kitschy kitchen finds for everyone!
- The Apple Barn & Cider Mill – For friends and family who like fresh-baked goods, cozy apple candles, and gift baskets galore, this is a great stop! In addition to the Barn, there’s a candy shop, creamery/bakery, Christmas shop, and more!
- Robert A. Tino Gallery– This local artist paints such real mountain views that you may feel like you’ve stepped into a memory. Visit his gallery on Hwy 66 to find your favorite Smoky Mountain view!
- The Hidden Mountain gift shop, of course! Find mugs, tees, and more in our Hidden Mountain East office or give the gift of a Smoky Mountain getaway with a Hidden Mountain Gift Certificate, available at the front desk!
These are only a handful of family-owned favorites, but there are so many more shops and gifts to find!
You can view a larger list of shopping links here on our Smoky Mountain Attractions page.
Happy Shopping, friends!
January 2- May 22, 2019
Sunday- Thursday Nights
Friday & Saturday Nights
Reserve Online with Discount Code: SNOW
*2-night minimum required. Excludes most holidays and holiday weekends. Excludes some cabins.
Restrictions apply. Cannot be combined with other discounts. Applies to new reservations only.
We look forward to seeing you this winter in the Smokies!
HIDDEN MOUNTAIN HOLIDAYS
UPDATE: Congratulations to Brittany S. for winning our #HiddenMountainHolidays Free Winter Weekend Giveaway!
Thank you to all who entered your photos- Merry Christmas everyone!
From November 15 until December 2nd, we are looking for your most festive Hidden Mountain photos.
Show us the most stunning images from your past holiday stays at Hidden Mountain Resort
or a beautiful winter view of the Smokies!
One lucky winner will receive:
A FREE WINTER WEEKEND
at Hidden Mountain Resort!
4 easy steps to enter:
1. Post your favorite Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Winterfest photo to Instagram or Facebook.
2. Make sure your settings are set to “Public” so we can find your photo!
3. Tag the photo with #HiddenMountainHolidays and the story behind your image in the caption.
4. On December 3, we’ll randomly select a winner to receive a free Winter Weekend at Hidden Mountain Resort!
Photos must be submitted before midnight on December 2.
Winner will be announced on Monday, December 3, 2018.
We’ll also re-share some of our favorite images!